I’m so excited about this episode! It’s me with four dear souls who’ve recently returned from their 12-day Wilderness Quest experience.
These are demigods, I’m telling you! They endured a tougher Quest than I ever have.
If you have a fear about doing a wilderness quest, they have good advice for you.
My guests today will address your questions and concerns about:
– hunger and fasting
– the dark and wild animals
– enduring the cold
– getting lost
– logistical concerns about gear, preparation, and general safety
– being bored/self-sabotaging behaviours
– PTSD/trauma responses to being left alone in the dark and the wild
– facing the abyss/existential dread
– acting out/acting in
– not wanting to come back
I also ask them, how did they know that a Wilderness Quest was the right next step for them on their spiritual path?
In this episode, Carl-Greger mentioned the book The Wind Is My Mother, by Bear Heart